Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Farewell....Sis

Went back early from office because I wanted to send off my Sister and her family at KLIA. Bro-in-law has been transferred to Ahmedabad, India and most likely he would be stationed there for at least three years.

What a teary affair it was - just like in one of the drama swasta episodes. Sis was sobbing when she hugged me before leaving. Had to consoled her that India is just 3 hours' flight away from KL. And more importantly, I told her that God has decided that her family's rezeki is to be in India - at least for the time being.

Glad that my nephews were seemed upbeat with the new adventures of their lives. My brothers and I were actually concerned about them because they looked so down and dejected when the news of the transfer was first told by my Sis. Even during the recent Hari Raya, my brothers went extra mile to give them support and comfort and literally bought anything that they wished to have - Real Madrid's jerseys, new football boots and their parents agreed to buy them playstation, hip-hop styled pants and shoes etc.

My two nieces were still too small to understand why so many relatives and friends were at the airport to send them off. They probably thought that they were just going off for another holiday trip.

Take care Sis, promise to visit you soon.

No comments: