Friday, December 10, 2004

Sharifah Aini

I wanted to blog on other things this morning but something caught my eyes while I was having my breakfast at the stall near my office just now.

"Kes S Aini angkara Jin" - Prof Dr. [***sorry could not remember his name...er Jahid or something].

So read the article of a tabloid one of the patron who was reading it at a table next to mine. Could not believe my eyes at first. Had to strain my neck trying to read the title of the article.

Well, people do anything and everything to sell newspapers these days.

When I was in secondary school, this particular tabloid was known for two things - first, for its sensational mystics/out of this world headlines and second, for one particular column on Syariah Court cases. The latter was hot amongst us guys because of the sensational and "cheap thrill" we got from reading the detailed description of the couples in action before they were caught by the officers from Jabatan Agama.

Those could probably be the reasons why they are still around till today.

1 comment:

lieawulf said...

newspapers are interested in selling the news, they don't really care about the truth and the consequences of their lies. a critical reader should be able to differentiate facts and "imaginary facts" :)