Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Presentation for KLIFF 2004

I thought I would not be involved in preparing any presentation material anymore as we are approaching the end of Y2004.

But suddenly I got SOS call from my partner to help him out in the preparation of his presentation materials for the KLIFF 2004. I was informed that he was 'upgraded' from being a moderator to become one of the speakers for one of the session.

Haiyoo, why this thing always happen when I am bogged down with some other extremely urgent things!!. Perturbed

I have a love - hate relationship when it comes to preparing for seminar/conference presentation materials - whether for myself or for my partner. Most of the time the invitation would come well 3 - 4 months ahead of the scheduled programme date and give no excuse to decline ot to say that I will be busy or will have some other important engagements in the coming 4 months' time because you just never know whether you will have any assignment in the next four months' time. Sometimes you feel obliged because your expertise or experience is part of the knowledge that God has given to you to share with other fellows. So you said yes and agreed to become a speaker.

Four months down the road, when you are being piled up with all kinds of works/assignments and you are chasing deadlines, suddenly you receive a kind reminder from event coordinator asking about your presentation materials. That's the time when you feel like you want to pull your hair and scream - why the hell I have ever agreed to speak at that conference in the first place!!!.

But since it's not fair to the organiser to withdraw at the very last minute, you soldiered on - stayed up at nights trying to finish the presentation materials and send to the organiser at least a day before your scheduled event. During your session, you tried hard to keep the participants and yourself not to fall asleep.

After the event you just want to go back home feeling satisfied that you have managed the go through the crisis well but at the same time felt that you could have done better if you have more time to prepare(!!!). The same circle will repeat another time, another month.

No comments: