Thursday, December 30, 2004

A New Phase

Today marked a new phase of my life.

Now I could proudly announce that I am a father of a school going child. Real school you know. Not the Kindie any more.

My first daugther, Syakirah will be in Primary Year One in a couple of days' time. Today is her so-called orientation day at the new school. I am excited. But not so sure about Kak Long since she's always been a quiet type. May be she's a bit worried.

I admit that I'm a bit worried though - all kinds of questions kept palying in my head.

What if Syakirah does not like school

What if she's being bullied by other students

What if she's not interested to learn

What if there is an phsycotic evil teacher at the school and always picking up on her

What if she could not get good grades


Yes, those and many many other questions came to my mind on my way sending my daughter to school. But I kept telling her to make friends, answer properly when being asked by her teacher, how good being in a real school would be bla, bla bla. She just kept quiet. I'm sure she's listening....

It was like a small funfare at the school compound. I could see all kinds of parents, worried mothers ushering their kids to the hall and then to the open assembly area where the briefing was held. Excited parents taking pictures using their camera-phones. A wife frantically calling her husband to come to the front to watch the assembly proceeding - but the husband was seemed disinterested. And yes, rocker Joe of WINGS sent his kid there too.

The orientation session ended at 10.00 a.m and through out the session from afar I saw my daughter looked a bit bored looking around and most of the time, kept to her self.

Now I started to get a bit more worried.







No comments: