Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Terkorban before Hari Raya Korban

Alia posted her Raya Korban's picture so I decided to post mine.

The only difference is that, instead of the normal sacrificial animals, the korban in this case is my ....isk, isk... beloved car and yang terkorban is ..... me (read my pockets).

May be my beloved car was mad at me or merajuk because I'd posted another car's pictures in my previous posts on Friday the 14th.

My car was broken into and that someone stole my SmartTag. Can you believe it? And I had to spend close to RM500 to replace it and spent the whole day going to the police station, waiting to make report, waiting for the police's photographer to take pictures of the car, waiting again at the workshop for the replacement parts to arrive, waiting for the cermin to be fixed, waiting waiting and waiting until I dozed off at the workshop. Lucky the workshop has a large and comfortable sofas and I could take a nap while watching AXN channel.

Dah nak jadik - that's what takdir is all about, I suppose. The car was never parked outside my house compound before. But that fateful night (Monday the 17th) when I came back from office, I saw my car was nicely parked by my wife right in front of the gate. Wife has been driving my car for the past few days because I had traded in her Kembara and her replacement car was pending registration. So I parked my borrowed office car at the side of my house.

Next morning, I rushed out to send my daughter to school and was heading to office when I received a panic call from my wife that the driver's screen had been smashed. Made a U-turn and quickly made a call to the nearest police station on what to do next.

Being the first time victim, I was thinking that the police would be coming to my house together with their forensic team to dust my car for fingerprints and searching for clues (too much of CSI I guess), but alas, this was what transpired:


me: saya nak buat report pasal kereta saya kena pecah...
p: kat mana ni Encik?
me: kat Tmn Bukit ........
p: ada apa2 yang hilang?
me: err...rasanya takde
p: boleh ke datang buat report kat balai?
me: tapi...bukannya polis kena datang tengok kat tempat kejadian?
p: kereta tu boleh jalan tak?
me: boleh..(arrgh!!!! memanglah kereta tu masih boleh jalan sebab bukan enjinnya yg rosak)
So, cleaned up the mess in the car and went to make police report even though at that time I was not sure whether or not I wanted to make insurance claim on the damages. More importantly I thought that by making the report, the police will intensify their crime prevention rounds in my neighbourhood.

Stated in the report that no valuables were missing because at that time, I totally didn't realise that the SmartTag was missing. But thank God the thief didn't take away the new sunglasses that I bought for Wife last weekend and also my Motorola Bluetooth earpiece. Those things combined could cost me another RM800. Pheww.


1 comment:

Khairil said...

geez! sorry to hear about your car...